Thursday, May 14, 2009

WiFi on AirTran

Right after Southwest e-mailed me to proudly announce that they were offering wifi on some flights, AirTran e-mailed to let me know that they're offering wifi on EVERY flight beginning this summer (so, like, soon.)

Granted, Southwest's is only in a trial stage and currently free and AirTran's is $10, it's still nice to know that planes are FINALLY doing this. They're two big carriers at Orlando International and my personal favorites for myself and for clients to get in from Philadelphia. With the satellite radio and now wifi on every flight, it's kind of hard for connectivity hounds like me to not love the idea of flying AirTran these days. If they keep fares low enough they're going to be the hot airline of the next decade because, let's face it, the bottom's going to fall out on Southwest sooner or later.

This turned into more of a rant than I wanted it to, so I'll save the rest for a future column. Anybody use in flight wifi yet? Does it work well?

No comments:

Post a Comment