Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Universal Responds: Wizarding World of Harry Potter Announcement

John Frost at the Disney Blog has a full update on today's Universal announcement on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Highlights include:
  • Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey "robocoaster" that will be the headlining attraction and best new ride of the year winner for 2010 for sure. Universal promises it will be unlike anything ever created before. It's going to have to be great because it's being set up with Spider Man level hype.
  • Dueling Dragons will be rethemed as Dragon Challenge and will be based on the Tri-Wizarding Tournament.
  • Flight of the Unicorn will be rethemed as Flight of the Hippogriff.
  • There will be three restaurants, a number of stores, and a working post office.
It's expected to open sometime around June 2010 but it's unlikely everything will be ready for that date.

I should also not that I'm not a Harry Potter fan and I've never read the books nor seen the movies so I have no idea what I'm talking about with this stuff. It all seems pretty cool for people who are big time into the books but I'm a little worried that this stuff is being made so "inside" for the fans that people who aren't, like me, are going to be completely confused by everything.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment