Walt Disney World News Today has a great photo gallery update on the latest construction going on around the Magic Kingdom including Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. And while we're talking photo albums: All Ears Net has updated their Contemporary Resort photo gallery.
In what I can only assume to be a bow to common sense, the Peter Pan M&G at the Magic Kingdom has moved from Adventureland back to Fantasyland, at least according to a WDW Magic report.
WDW Magic is reporting that the Main Street Bakery should be fully operational any day now after its rehab.
WDW Magic is reporting that Princess Tiana has begun holding M&G's in advance of the first run for her show: "Tiana's Showboat Jubilee!" (Note: The exclamation point is Disney's, not mine. I'm far less excited about the show.)
Refurbishment continues at the following Walt Disney World locations:
- Space Mountain is closed until late November for an extensive refurbishment. The nearby arcade will also be closed during this time. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority may operate on limited hours during the Space Mountain refurbishment.
- Living with the Land is closed until early November for refurbishment.
- The Japan Gallery is closed until October 15.
- Construction is ongoing at Innoventions East for the installation of The Sum of All Thrills attraction, expected to open October 14.
- Sounds Dangerous is under "seasonal operation" and is currently closed.
- Flights of Wonder at Disney's Animal Kingdom will be dark until October 23.
- The Boneyard play area at Animal Kingdom will be closed until October 18.
- The Aruba pool at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort is closed until October 24.
- The 1990's Computer Pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort is closed until October 23.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is ongiong. The Magic Kingdom will operate under reduced hours on Tuesdays and Fridays to allow for the party.
- Typhoon Lagoon will be closed for its annual winter refurbishment from November 1, 2009 to January 9, 2010. Blizzard Beach will close for it's refurbishment January 10. So yes, Typhoon Lagoon will be closed throughout Christmas.
- The Mad Tea Party will be closed for a brief refurbishment November 3-5.
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin will be closed for refurbishment December 6-19.
- The Crystal Palace restaurant at the Magic Kingdom will be closed for refurbishment January 3 to February 13, 2010.
- At Port Orleans Resort, The Ol'Man Island Pool slide will be closed from October 19 to November 6 at Riverside. The Doubloon Lagoon Pool slide will be closed from November 9 to November 20 at French Quarter. NOTE: This is only the SLIDES that are closed. Both pools will continue to operate during these times.
- The 1950's Bowling Pin Pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort will be closed from October 26 to November 6 and the 1990's Computer Pool will be closed November 9 to November 20.
- The following Walt Disney World Resort Golf Courses will be closed on the dates noted: Lake Buena Vista (10/12-21), Osprey Ridge (10/22-31), Palm & Magnolia (11/2-11/8), Oak Trail (11/17-22), and Palm (11/24-12/3). In addition to those dates, the Palm, Magnolia, and Oak Trail golf courses will be closed to the public from November 9-16 for the Children's Miracle Network Golf Classic.