Friday, January 22, 2010

New Fantasyland 3D Model

Thought this was worthy of it's own post.

Stitch Kingdom has hooked us up with an amazing view of a model of what the new Fantasyland will most likely look like.

I honestly must say that this is the first time I can actually say I'm excited about the expansion. I think this is the first time it's sunk in that there's going to be a whole new LAND at the MAGIC KINGDOM.

First off check out the link above. Then read my notes below.

  • The first time walking through the new castle gate and seeing this lush new fantasy world is going to be overwhelming both for children and for us fans. I guarantee welling tears and goosebumps for a lot of people.
  • The last model speculates on possible Cinerella and Sleeping Beauty attractions. I think the original announcement made it pretty clear that it was going to be that sort of meet & greet/show hybrid.
  • The Little Mermaid ride is probably going to rule.
  • I don't see any reason why the Barnstormer can't keep the current theme. At least that way it gives them an excuse to keep Mickey and the gang somewhere in the former Toontown. This is unless, of course, they decide to relegate them to Main Street. Come to think of it, where were they before they opened Starland in the late 80's?
  • The first vibe I got from checking out the pictures was that they reminded me of a really big World Showcase pavilion, with the elaborate facades and little pathways and crevices.
  • Gaston's Tavern just won't be the same without his favorite beverage.

~~~~~

Feel free to re-post anything from WDWorld Traveler but please link back to http://wdwtraveler.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment