Wednesday, June 23, 2010

You Spent HOW Much??

There's a story making local news in my hometown where a neighboring school board and high school principal attending an education conference in Orlando and taxpayers ending up footing the $36,000 bill for their trip. A recent audit reports that they were reimbursed for "dinner at a 5-star restaurant, alcohol, and snacks at amusement parks."

Now I have no problem with them getting reimbursed for their trip. It's one of the perks of being a public official and I have no problem with it as long as it's not blatantly taken advantage of. Which brings me to what I find so completely egregious about this story: they spent $4,500 each! I don't think I spent that much combined in my last 4 trips to Walt Disney World. They would have had to go out of their way to spend so much on one trip! I want to know where they did it.

It offends me as both a tax payer and a Disney park fan. Just thought I would vent.

~~ Feel free to re-post anything from WDWorld Traveler but please link back to http://wdwtraveler.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment