Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wait...What?!? - The Writer's Shop

The Disney Food Blog (seriously new favorite Disney site on the internet) has a write-up on The Writer's Shop at Hollywood Studios. I knew this place existed, it's over by the Sci Fi Dine In, if I'm not mistaken, but I'm including it in a "Wait...What?!?" post because of the fact that I never knew it was an honest to goodness coffeehouse book store. They sell all different coffees, making it a haven for folks dreaming of something besides bland Nescafe, as well as baked goods and have chairs and couches scattered around the store to enjoy your purchase (and maybe a book too!)

Another cool fact I never knew before - it was originally themed after a store in the Ellen TV show. During the mid-90's the Studios had a nice little synergy with ABC going on. I really wish they would continue this. Could you imagine the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground re-tooled with a Lost theme? Make it happen, Disney!

I always passed this place by, thinking it sold nothing but the same Disney books you can get anywhere on property (I also thought was way smaller than it is) but I'll definitely plan on spending some time in there next time I'm at the Studios.

~~ Feel free to re-post anything from WDWorld Traveler but please link back to http://wdwtraveler.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment