Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Finally Home

Hey everyone. I'm finally home from my Florida trip and despite some travel nightmares (another blog for another time) it was a great little trip to the most magical place on Earth.

A few quick thoughts:
  1. Crazy weather! In a 3 day span, I wished I had a winter coat and I wished I had shorts. Watching Fantasmic was one of the coldest experiences of my life.
  2. Drinking around the world is tough...and expensive! We didn't do every country but I DID have 11 beers, so I could have done it if I wanted. The biggest problem is that the more beers you get the more souvenirs you decide are a good idea to buy and the more likely you are to get your next beer in a $13 souvenir mug. Really fun time though. You know you're a Disney nut when you go to Epcot, ride 3 rides, and consider it a good day.
  3. The Magic Kingdom is like a construction zone. Not only do you have the Fantasyland expansion going up in the back but there was a giant crane next to Cinderella Castle, fascades on the back of the castle, half of main street, parts of Fantasyland, and probably a few more spots that I forgot to mention.
  4. The Tiki Room caught on fire! Rumors say it's more than just the attic fire that Disney reported and that it may close the ride for good. I hope not...but it sure could use a change so maybe this will bring it about. Last I heard from the Cast Member stationed at the entrance is that Iago got out of line and Mickey had to send him home for a few days, hehe.
I'll be putting my pictures up in the next few days. Until then, keep checking Twitter for my latest adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment