Monday, March 7, 2011

Signature Le Cellier

So is everyone freaking out over Le Cellier finally switching over to a signature dining restaurant?

I'll admit that I had always just assumed that due to its popularity it was being bumped up to 2 credits instead of 1 for the DDP. I didn't realize they were going to revamp the menu (and prices) to bring it more in line with other similar establishments around the resort.

At first glance it seems like something to get your feathers ruffled over, especially if you're a fan. Some menu favorites moved and everything went up in price. (The always awesome Disney Food Blog has a quick rundown of the menu changes here if you want to know what I'm talking about.)

Upon further consideration, though, it's not something I'm going to fault Disney for. Full disclosure: I went to Le Cellier for dinner once, thought it was really good, but have no earthly idea how it became such a phenomenon as it is. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but it's not even the best steakhouse within a 15-minute walk of it's location (that nod goes to the Yachtsman Steakhouse.)

I think this was Disney's attempt to cut down on the high demand for the restaurant these days when ADR's are at such a premium. If anything, they're getting more bang of their buck until the trend dies down. As far as I'm concerned, as long as they'll still serve me cheddar cheese soup and breadsticks to go for lunch, I'll be happy keeping my eat-in visits few and far between.

No comments:

Post a Comment