Friday, April 6, 2012

Beers Around The World: United States

Now join me in my weekly training session for my April visit to Walt Disney World when I'll be attempting to "drink around the world" at Epcot. Each week a new country; a new beer.

Bud Light


What It Is: One of the three most common "light" beers in America, produced by the quintessential American mass beer producer Anheuser-Busch. It's a watered down rice-based American pilsner.

Why You Should Drink It: The beer connoisseur in me is conditioned to say "Bud Light sucks, American pilsners suck, mass produced beers are the work of Satan!" But guess what? There are plenty of times when drinking a simple light beer is perfectly appropriate...and while thirsty and strolling around a hot theme park is definitely one of them. Bud Light is everywhere at Walt Disney World and I would not fault you for enjoying one while spending the day at Epcot. After all, at this point we're midway through our journey and you might need something clean and refreshing to refuel before getting into the serious stuff in store for you later on in the loop in the UK and Canada (not to mention sake and Grand Mariner if you're not sticking solely to beers.) For better or worse, like it or not, Bud Light is a classic traditional American beer.

Trivia: The pavilion also sells Sam Adams. So go ahead and be a snob about it and order a beer with a patriot on the label.

My Grade: A

Make sure to check out more content like this from me at The Beer Drinker's Guide to the Galaxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment