Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Grumpy Mumblings - Stitch's Finale and Shaded Attractions

Matt Palm from the Orlando Sentinel has an article up on the final 3 shows in the history of "Stitch's Supersonic Celebration" and the fact that, oddly, no three were even remotely the same.

The thing about the show finally getting added to guide maps is hilarious and adds further credence to the idea that the show is probably not dead and buried. Maybe they'll retool the performance a bit but it seems like the most important thing is going to be to make viewing it more comfortable for guests. The "let them bake on the blacktop" approach was obviously faulty so maybe some seats and shade are all the show needs to get back up and running.

I don't know why Disney never seems to learn from their mistakes in this department. Remember when they opened "Festival of the Lion King" and everyone was "this is a great show but why do we have to feel like we're in the Sahara when we watch it?" So they finally had to add air conditioning. It's like Disney constantly needs to be reminded that it gets HOT in Florida.

I could continue to complain because I love air conditioning and I hate Stitch but I never actually bothered to see the show (not like I had a chance or anything, it opened 3 hours ago) so I'll save the rest of the kvetching for people who have.

No comments:

Post a Comment