Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fastpass Rules

If you haven't heard the latest Disney news, the parks are going to begin enforcing the return window on Fastpasses...at least at Walt Disney World.

Why? Well, I'm not certain but I'd imagine that too many people are abusing the whole "show up whenever the heck you want" policy that had been for years.

I don't get why they never enforced it. I know some people had legit reasons to not return but the whole system is based on the idea that riders would be proportionately placed in line throughout the day. This doesn't work if you just ignore the window.

I'm curious if Disney is doing this as the first step in implementing the "reservation" Fastpass system rumored awhile back. I think it would solve a lot of issues if you could choose your 1 hour window at the kiosk when getting a Fastpass. If you want the return time for later than it's posted, then just select it. Makes sense to me.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment